Become a Vendor
About the Bear Crossing Vendor Mart
The Bear Crossing Vendor Market will be a public space and will not require a Bear Crossing pass for access. The Market will be open Thursday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. However, hours are subject to change.
Staff will be on hand to offer assistance while the vendor market is open.
This year we will be offering 2 options:
Community Table Space – Free
Perfect for Community Organizations who are providing information and education and not a business.
- Shared 8 ft table with another orginization
- Access to Power and Wi-Fi included
- No event passes included
Single Booth Space – Product Donation or $50
Vendor spaces start at $50 per table. In lieu of paying the vendor registration fee, we will accept a donation for our event raffle. Raffle tickets will be sold until our drawling Saturday Evening, which will be held immediately after dinner. Donated items must be a combined value of at least $50 retail price.
- One 8 x 10 ft booth space
- One 8 ft table and 2 chairs (additional table available upon request)
- Access to Power and Wi-Fi included
- Bear Crossing 6 Event Pass available for an additional $50
- All attendees, vendors, staff and volunteers are subject to our Code of Conduct
- If there are any issues with a guest, please notify the registration table and they will contact an admin. There is zero tolerance for disorderly conduct and shoplifting at Bear Crossing.
- Since the vendor market is open to the public, please use good judgement when displaying products, playing videos, etc.
- Vendors agree to have at least one person (21 years of age or older) monitoring their booth at all times while the market is open.
- Vendors are solely responsible for their product, money and space (including additional cords and power strips). Internet access will be provided in the vendor market area. Phone lines are not available.
- If a vendor booth includes models, please remember they will have to comply with state law. For example, models can go shirtless or in underwear. However, they must keep it street legal. Please remember to keep genitals and butt covered at all times. A jock strap must cover the butt crack with at least a one inch (size proportionate) piece of material.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their booth and area clean at all times. The area must be clean following the event or vendors may be subject to a cleaning fee. This includes any setup and tear-down of any products.
- All food vendors have been approved based on their submitted application. All items for sale will be reviewed throughout the event. Food vendors must follow proper KC Health Department regulations.
- All sales are from a vendor’s assigned booth. Roaming sales are prohibited.
- Other than service-dogs, Pets / animals of any type are not permitted.
- Vendors may NOT change booths after spaces are assigned.
- Vendors may NOT use bullhorns, megaphones, flashing lights or strobes. If a booth has sound, please maintain a polite volume to be respectful to guests and other vendors.
- You are responsible for setup and tear down of your products.
- The Kansas City Bear Mafia reserves the right to limit products displayed in the vendor area.
Access to the Market
- Set up can be done Wednesday 8/7 from 6pm-11pm or Thursday 8/8 starting at 9am.
- Vendor market will not be accessible outside of the pre-opening and post-closing times unless special arrangement have been made. However, vendors will have access 30 minutes before and after vendor market hours.
- The Vendor Market will be locked and secured by hotel security.
- Vendors should never leave money, credit card information, technology devices and/or irreplaceable items in the vendor area unattended.
- Tear down may take place after the vendor market closes on Saturday evening or from 8am-11am on Sunday
- Be prepared to bring help, rolling carts / hand trucks to load in to your booth space.
- Event Staff will be available to help move tables, run extension cords but cannot be responsible for the set up or transportation of your merchandise.
Please provide us with a digital Logo so we may include your business in printed and digital marketing materials.
We want to promote your business being a part of Bear Crossing and to build a lasting partnership in the years to come. As a vendor, we will promote your business across our social media leading up to and during the event via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, SMS, email and our websites. We would also like to feature your business during the event using our digital run book that will displayed across TVs inside the hotel.
We would love to feature samples of your products in our run bags and include any items you would like to contribute in our weekend long raffle.
Send logos and inquires for additional marketing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you are this year’s Bear Crossing. If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
By purchasing your vendor registration you agree to the following:
HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE: In consideration of participation in any event for KC Bear Mafia, I hereby release and forever discharge the KC Bear Mafia, its officers, agents, employees and representatives, and their respective heirs, successors and assigns, from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, debt, dues contracts, judgments, damages, claims, and or demands whatsoever in law or equity that the undersigned, its successors or assigns, ever had, now have, or may have in the future in connection with the undersigned’s participation in any event sponsored by KC Bear Mafia. I authorize KC Bear Mafia to use my name, statements and likeness, without charge, for promotional purposes digital publications, advertising, video, web, new media, or other formats.
Bear Crossing is a completely volunteer run event primarily made up of members of the Kansas City Bear Mafia. However, we also need your help! We are looking for volunteers to help us out during the event. By volunteering for at least 3 shifts you can register for Bear Crossing at only $59! That’s more than half off the entry level price!
Your pass gives you the same benefits and access as our regular ”Explorer” pass which is good for all events Thursday through Sunday excluding any paid excursions if applicable. You are still required to book and pay for your own hotel room, just like regular guests.
If you’re traveling by yourself, volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new people. If you’re representing another bear club or event, this is also a great way of introducing yourself and promoting your club or event.
The KC Bear Mafia is a 501c3 registered non-profit charity, any hours you work may qualify you for benefits from your employer or academic institution. If you do qualify for these benefits please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get everything setup! Please make sure to address any paperwork that will need to be signed and returned.
How do I Volunteer?
Click the link below to being the process.
After entering your contact info you can choose from many different shifts for each day of the event. We have two levels of shifts. Constellation and Galaxy Class shifts. In order to qualify for the discount you must select a total of three shifts, one Galaxy Class plus two others of your choice. For each shift we have listed the types of events and duties you will be potentially assigned to based upon your comfort and skill level.
Medium lifting may be necessary for some jobs. Some duties may require you to be responsible for collecting money and operating computers or mobile devices in order to register an attendee or the purchase of ala carte tickets and merchandise. Several events require the serving of hot food. If you are not sure that you can perform these duties be sure to communicate that to the Volunteer Captain, they will make sure you are only assigned duties you’re comfortable carrying out.
*Please note, this is a time commitment that will not go unnoticed, we depend on that time to give you and your fellow bears the best experience.