Become a Vendor
About the Bear Crossing Vendor Market
Vendor Registration opening shortly. Please check back.
The Bear Crossing Vendor Market is a public space and does not require a Bear Crossing pass for access. The Market’s open hours are Thursday from 12 PM to 5 PM, and Friday and Saturday from 11 AM to 6 PM. Please be aware that hours are subject to change.
Staff will be on hand to offer assistance while the vendor market is open.
This year we will be offering 2 options:
Community Table Space – Free
Perfect for Community Organizations who are providing information and education and not a business.
- Shared 8 ft table with another organization
- Access to Power and Wi-Fi included
- No event passes included
Single Booth Space – Product Donation or $50
Vendor spaces start at $50 per table. In lieu of the vendor registration fee, we will accept a donation for our event raffle. Raffle tickets will be sold until our drawing on Saturday evening, which will be held immediately after dinner. Donated items must be a combined value of at least $50 retail price.
- One 8 x 10 ft booth space
- One 8 ft table and 2 chairs (additional table available upon request)
- Access to Power and Wi-Fi included
- Bear Crossing 6 Event Pass available for an additional $50
- All attendees, vendors, staff and volunteers are subject to our Code of Conduct
- If there are any issues with a guest, please notify the registration table and they will contact an admin. There is zero tolerance for disorderly conduct and shoplifting at Bear Crossing.
- Since the vendor market is open to the public, please use good judgement when displaying products, playing videos, etc.
- Vendors agree to have at least one person (21 years of age or older) monitoring their booth at all times while the market is open.
- Vendors are solely responsible for their product, money and space (including additional cords and power strips). Internet access will be provided in the vendor market area. Phone lines are not available.
- If a vendor booth includes models, please remember they will have to comply with state law. For example, models can go shirtless or in underwear. However, they must keep it street legal. Please remember to keep genitals and butt covered at all times. A jock strap must cover the butt crack with at least a one inch (size proportionate) piece of material.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their booth and area clean at all times. The area must be clean following the event or vendors may be subject to a cleaning fee. This includes any setup and tear-down of any products.
- All food vendors have been approved based on their submitted application. All items for sale will be reviewed throughout the event. Food vendors must follow proper KC Health Department regulations.
- All sales are from a vendor’s assigned booth. Roaming sales are prohibited.
- Other than service-dogs, Pets / animals of any type are not permitted.
- Vendors may NOT change booths after spaces are assigned.
- Vendors may NOT use bullhorns, megaphones, flashing lights or strobes. If a booth has sound, please maintain a polite volume to be respectful to guests and other vendors
- You are responsible for setup and tear down of your products.
- The Kansas City Bear Mafia reserves the right to limit products displayed in the vendor area.
Access to the Market
- Set up can be done Wednesday, 7/22 from 6 PM to 11 PM, or Thursday 7/23 starting at 9 AM.
- The vendor market will not be accessible outside of the pre-opening and post-closing times unless special arrangements have been made. However, vendors will have access 30 minutes before and after vendor market hours.
- The vendor market will be locked and secured by hotel security.
- Vendors should never leave money, credit card information, technology devices and/or irreplaceable items in the vendor area unattended.
- Tear down may take place after the vendor market closes on Saturday evening or from 8 AM to 11 AM on Sunday.
- Be prepared to bring help, rolling carts or hand trucks to load your booth space.
- Event staff will be available to help move tables or run extension cords but cannot be responsible for the set up or transportation of your merchandise.
Please provide your business’ logo in a high-quality digital format so we may include your business in printed and digital marketing materials.
We want to promote your business being a part of Bear Crossing and to build a lasting partnership in the years to come. As a vendor, we will promote your business across our social media leading up to and during the event via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, SMS, email, and our websites. We would also like to feature your business during the event using our digital run book that will be displayed across TVs inside the hotel.
We would love to feature samples of your products in our run bags and include any items you would like to contribute in our weekend long raffle.
Send logos and inquires for additional marketing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s Bear Crossing. If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
By purchasing your vendor registration you agree to the following:
HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE: In consideration of participation in any event for KC Bear Mafia, I hereby release and forever discharge the KC Bear Mafia, its officers, agents, employees and representatives, and their respective heirs, successors and assigns, from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, debt, dues contracts, judgments, damages, claims, and or demands whatsoever in law or equity that the undersigned, its successors or assigns, ever had, now have, or may have in the future in connection with the undersigned’s participation in any event sponsored by KC Bear Mafia. I authorize KC Bear Mafia to use my name, statements and likeness, without charge, for promotional purposes digital publications, advertising, video, web, new media, or other formats.
Bear Crossing is an entirely volunteer-run event primarily made up by members of Kansas City Bear Mafia. However, we also need your help! We are looking for volunteers to help us out during the event. By volunteering for at least 3 shifts you can register for Bear Crossing at only $69! That’s almost half off the entry-level price!
Your volunteer pass offers you the same benefits and access as our regular event pass, which is good for all events Thursday through Sunday (excluding any paid excursions, if applicable). A volunteer pass does not include hotel registration; if you choose to stay at the host hotel, you are responsible to book and pay for your hotel room.
If you are attending Bear Crossing by yourself, volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new people! If you are representing another bear club or event, this is also a great way to introduce yourself and promote your club and/or event.
The Kansas City Bear Mafia is a 501c3 registered non-profit charity, any hours you work may qualify for benefits from your employer or academic institution. If you do qualify for these benefits, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the required information. Please make sure to address any paperwork that will need to be signed and returned.
How do I Volunteer?
Click the link below to being the process.
After entering your contact information, you may choose from many different shifts for each day of the event. In order to qualify for the discount, you must select a total of three shifts. For each shift we have listed the types of events and duties you may be assigned to, based upon your comfort and skill level.
Medium lifting may be necessary for some jobs. Some duties may require you to be responsible for collecting money and operating computers or mobile devices in order to register an attendee, or the purchase of tickets and merchandise. Several events require serving hot food. If you are not sure that you can perform these duties be sure to communicate your concerns to the Volunteer Captain. Volunteer Captains will make sure you are only assigned duties you are comfortable carrying out.
*Please note that volunteering is a time commitment that will not go unnoticed. We depend on volunteer time to give you and your fellow bears the best experience!