Here are the policies and rules for Bear Crossing. This information will also be available any time our registration desk is open during the event.
Code of Conduct
- You must be 21 years of age at the time of the event.
- You will conduct yourself in a reasonable manner in the public areas of the hosting facilities. More specifically, this includes:
- No public sex
- No public nudity
- Complete coverage of genitals and butt crack (i.e, no jock straps or similar items in public areas)
- No public advertising for sex
- No unwelcome or unruly sexual advances during Bear Crossing
- No public urinating or defecating
- Only respectable public displays of affection
- Controlled public intoxication (seek assistance if necessary)
- No abusive verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- You agree not to hold Kansas City Bear Mafia, its officers, membership, guests, sponsors, or any commercial establishment used in conjunction with this event responsible for any loss or injury to either your property or your person while participating in this event.
- You are fully responsible for any damages you may cause to the hotel property or commercial establishments used during this event.
- You are fully responsible for any non-Bear Crossing attendee guests that you allow into the hotel property, including any damages caused to the property.
- You will not post any advertisements, photos, or any other written or pictorial matter in the halls or on the doors of the private guest sections in the hotel.
- You will not use any controlled substances (excluding medicine prescribed to you personally) during any Bear Crossing activities or volunteer shifts.
- You will not indulge in actions that are discriminatory or racist.
- You will grant Kansas City Bear Mafia, and anyone designated by such, the right to use your likeness, image, voice and appearance whether recorded on or transferred to videotape, film, slides, photographs, or other media, for publication, broadcast or use on the web.
- You will assist the Bear Crossing Kansas City Committee by immediately reporting any witnessed violations to this code while keeping yourself from becoming part of the situation and allowing the hotel and/or Bear Crossing security staff to handle the situation.
- You will be charged a $25.00 replacement fee if you lose your run badge and/or wristband.
Registration, Refunds and Schedule
Bear Crossing 5 Specials are NON-REFUNDABLE! (Early Expedition Pass, Volunteer Pricing and other special events or coupons)
- Registrations are non-transferrable. The name on the registration must match the name on the government-issued photo ID used at event check-in. However, if you feel you have a situation that warrants a transfer, please contact the Bear Crossing Kansas City Committee by using the form on our website.
- Refund requests must be made submitted in writing here. Refund requests will be processed within 30 days of receipt of written notice. The refund amount will be for the total amount paid less any processing or administration fees assessed by payment vendors. If your transaction is more than 90 days old we will have to issue a refund via check. Refunds will not be issued starting August 1st 2018. No refunds will be given for Early Expedition Pass, Volunteer Pricing or walk up registrations/a la carte ticket purchases.
- The Bear Crossing Kansas City Committee, and their partners, reserve the right to add, change, or cancel scheduled activities due to inclement weather, insufficient participation, or other unforeseen circumstances.