Buy a Pass
Bear Crossing 5: Lost Bearadise – August 9th – 12th 2018 – Kansas City, Mo
For our 2018 expedition, we’re offering two pass levels to choose from: the Scout pass and the Explorer pass. We want you to be able to choose your own adventure and these two options give you more flexibility.
In addition to your expedition pass, we listened to your suggestions from past events and are offering two special add on excursions which are available for an additional charge. More information is available on our excursions page.
Back by popular demand this year, we’re also offering the Fang & Paw Society as an upgrade to your expedition pass. For an additional $50 on top of your expedition pass, you’ll receive added benefits such as drink coupons, private parties, and other perks TBD. But here’s the catch. There are only 75 available, so don’t wait to upgrade! When they’re sold, they’re gone!
What’s Included in Each Level?
Below are the highlights of what you’ll receive with each pass level. This list is just preliminary, additional items will be added as we get closer to the event. Be sure to check out the schedule tab on the website for more details!
Buy Early and Save!
The price for either a Scout pass or Explorer pass will be dependent on the number of passes sold leading up to the beginning of Bear Crossing. And one final thing…the earlier you buy, the more you save!
About the Hotel
Bear Crossing KC 2018 will be held at The Adam’s Mark Hotel and Convention Center!
The room rate is $94 per night for your choice of two double beds or one king sized bed. You’ll also get great amenities listed below:
The KC Royals and St. Louis Cardinals will play on the same weekend as our event. Due to the potential influx of baseball fans, we advise you to reserve your hotel room as soon as possible! Your credit card will not be charged at the time you make a room reservation.
Everyone is welcome at Adam’s Mark Hotel and Conference Center—even the family dog. Whether you’re on vacation with the family, in town for an NFL game, meeting with colleagues at a conference center, or taking your kids to their first MLB game, our hotel is ready to welcome you. Free Parking is available to registered hotel guests.
This hotel in Kansas City, MO is on the southeastern side of the city near the Truman Sports Complex—home of the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals.
Relax in our leather chairs while browsing the internet over the free Wi-Fi. Lounge in our comfortable beds and flip through channels on the 32-inch high-definition television. The rooms at Adam’s Mark will make you feel right at home.
Our rooms also offer welcoming amenities including:
- Premium Linens
- Ample workspace
- Free, high-speed internet access
- 32” flat-screen HDTV
- Premium cable service and Pay-Per View
- Full bathroom with shower and tub
- Coffee maker
- Smoke-free environment
Two Double Beds
With two welcoming double beds, ample work space and a cozy seating area, this room has all the amenities a group of bears could need.
Standard King Bed
This room includes a large, plush king-sized bed perfect for hibernating after a long days activities accompanied by warm leather seating and spacious side-tables.
As a pet-friendly hotel, we encourage you to bring your furry family members along for the adventure. A non-refundable pet deposit of $25 is required upon check-in and we offer plenty of outdoor space for your pets to enjoy.
Adam’s Mark is also proud to bring guests prime fitness and recreation options including an updated 24-hour fitness center, a heated indoor and seasonal outdoor pool with resort-style lounge chairs and a relaxing Jacuzzi tub.
MAP & DIRECTIONS
The Adam’s Mark of Kansas City hotel is located adjacent to the Truman Sports Complex, home of the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals.
EASTBOUND: Follow I-70 East and exit toward Blue Ridge Cutoff Turn left onto Blue Ridge Cutoff Follow Blue Ridge Cutoff approx. 500 yards to East 39th Turn right on East 39th and follow 1 Block to Hotel entrance
WESTBOUND: Follow I-70 West to Exit 9 Blue Ridge Cutoff From Exit Ramp turn right onto Blue Ridge Cutoff Take immediate right onto East 39th and follow 1 Block to Hotel entrance,
SOUTHBOUND: Take I-435 S to I-70 E Merge onto I-70E via Exit 63B. Take exit toward Blue Ridge Cutoff From Exit Ramp turn left onto Blue Ridge Cutoff Follow Blue Ridge Cutoff approx. 500 yards to East 39th Turn right on East 39th and follow 1 Block to Hotel entrance
NORTHBOUND: Take I-435 N to I-70E Exit I-435N to I-70 East Take exit toward Blue Ridge Cutoff Turn left onto Blue Ridge Cutoff Follow Blue Ridge Cutoff approx. 500 yards to East 39th Turn right on East 39th and follow 1 Block to Hotel entrance.
Who can attend Bear Crossing?
In general, Bear Crossing is designed for anyone who self-identifies as male and is at least 21 years old at the time of the event. We intend for Bear Crossing to be a fun experience no matter what your sexuality expression is. Some of our volunteers and vendors may identify as female and it is very important to be respectful of the identity of others.
What are the rules of Bear Crossing?
Our event takes place, primarily, in a hotel that has many other guests from the general public. Because of that there are a few very important rules that we must follow in order to protect the KC Bear Mafia and the hotel from liability. Breaking any of these rules will result in your being asked to leave the event without a refund and potentially removed from the hotel. If you see anyone violating our code of conduct we ask that you notify a staff member immediately.
- No public sex or nudity.
- This includes jock-straps and similar items. Missouri state law requires that your genitals must be covered at all times. This includes your penis, scrotum and butt crack.
- Public areas include anywhere outside the hotel including the outdoor pool, parking lot and inside of parked vehicles. Inside the hotel where non-Bear Crossing guests and staff may be are also considered public areas including hallways, stairs, etc.
- This includes touching, kissing, groping, fondling, etc.
- Consent is not only respectful but it’s also the law.
- See above for examples of public spaces.
- You swim at your own risk. Lifeguards are on duty during Splashdance but not during any other time. Be advised of pool depths and all posted rules in addition to these rules.
- See above rules on public nudity when in the outdoor pool and Water Park.
- No masks/headgear allowed in any of the pools. This includes “Puppy” masks and any other face covering masks. Ballcaps and hats are okay.
- We do allow beverages in the pools however there must be absolutely no glassware near the pool at any time.
- This includes any language that can be deemed derogatory including remarks on someone’s race, body size, gender expression, sexuality, and/or economic status.
- Bear Crossing staff may ask that you call it a night and help you back to your hotel room or find reasonable transportation home.
- If you have medicine prescribed to you please keep it secure in your room or if you need to have it on your person please keep it in a marked bottle.
- If you have a question about personal medication do not hesitate to contact us before the event or speak to a Bear Crossing staff member at the event. We only want to make sure that everyone is safe.
Registration, Refunds and Schedule
Bear Crossing 5 Specials are NON-REFUNDABLE! (Early Expedition Pass, Volunteer Pricing and other special events or coupons)
- Registrations are non-transferrable. The name on the registration must match the name on the government-issued photo ID used at event check-in. However, if you feel you have a situation that warrants a transfer, please contact the Bear Crossing Kansas City Committee by using the form on our website.
- Refund requests must be made submitted in writing here. Refund requests will be processed within 30 days of receipt of written notice. The refund amount will be for the total amount paid less any processing or administration fees assessed by payment vendors. If your transaction is more than 90 days old we will have to issue a refund via check. Refunds will not be issued starting August 1st 2018. No refunds will be given for Early Expedition Pass, Volunteer Pricing or walk up registrations/a la carte ticket purchases.
- The Bear Crossing Kansas City Committee, and their partners, reserve the right to add, change, or cancel scheduled activities due to inclement weather, insufficient participation, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Additional Questions? Click Here to send us a message.